Tempe Police: Man gets fired, throws drink across office

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 22-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Aug. 19 on the 1200 block of East Broadway Road on suspicion of disorderly conduct and criminal damage, according to a police report.

Soon after entering work that day, the man was fired by his employer, police reported.

After he was fired, he got angry and tossed a large drink across the office, hitting an employee, according to the report.

The drink also spilled onto the office as well as electronic equipment, including phones and computer monitors, police reported.

The man continued to yell in the office, causing all personnel to stop working in order to remove the man from the building, according to the report.

Once outside, the man fled the scene until officers found him in a blue Mitsubishi, where he admitted to throwing the drink and yelling, police reported.

The office’s total damage estimate is $5,500, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 20-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Aug. 21 at the intersection of East University Drive and South McClintock Drive on suspicion of weapon misconduct and possession of forgery instruments, according to a police report.

Officers initially pulled the man over in his BMW for an illegally covered license plate, but later noticed a faint trace of marijuana, police reported.

Both men in the car denied any possession of weapons or drugs, but police found a couple rounds of ammunition in the grip handle on the driver’s door, according to the report.

Because of the smell of fresh marijuana, officers searched the car and found a .45 caliber gun with a filed down serial number in the glove box, police reported.

The gun was found near a full magazine of .45 caliber rounds, according to the report.

Officers also discovered 15 fraudulent $20 bills, 10 fraudulent $10 bills and several pages of blank checks, police reported.

The man told police he had the black checks because he “has a business,” according to the report.

The car’s other passenger told officers the man had the gun in his waistband before he gave it to the passenger to place in the glovebox, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×