Arizona Board of Regents approve new ASU enrollment goal

ABOR November 21

The Arizona Board of Regents holds a meeting inside the Turquoise Room at the Memorial Union in Tempe on Friday, Nov. 21, 2014. The regents deliberated a wide range of topics during the meeting.

The Arizona Board of Regents approved an ASU proposal Thursday that could increase the University’s target enrollment 50 percent by 2025.

This proposal is part of a four-goal plan developed by ASU to increase enrollment from approximately 83,300 to 125,000, including 90,000 campus students and 35,000 online students, in the next 10 years, according to a presentation during the Board of Regents meeting Thursday.

The target enrollment could increase undergraduate enrollment by 45 percent and graduate enrollment by 70 percent. By reaching this goal, ASU’s six-year graduation rate could increase to 75 percent, a 20 percent increase from 2015. 

Of the degrees awarded, bachelor degrees could increase in 2025 from roughly 14,800 awards in 2015 to 21,400, and graduate degrees from roughly 6,000 awards to 10,600, the Regents said.

Approximately 95 percent of these degrees could be awarded in high-demand fields, a jump from 7,700 degrees in 2015 to roughly 15,000 degrees in 2025.

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×