Tempe Police: Woman steals underwear at Walmart, hides meth pipe in bra

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

A 48-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Nov. 13 in the 800 block of East Southern Avenue on suspicion of shoplifting and dangerous drug possession and use, according to a police report.

The woman had stolen numerous bras, panties and makeup from Walmart that totaled $160.43, police reported.

Store workers saw the woman walk past the registers and out the door without paying for the items, according to the report.

A search revealed that the woman had a glass pipe concealed in her bra with a few small baggies of meth inside her purse, police reported.

The woman told police that she had smoked some of the meth prior to the incident, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported. 

A 28-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Nov. 14 at West Third Street and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Officers found the woman sitting in the driver’s seat of her running vehicle in a parking lot with two other passengers inside, police reported.

Previously, the officers noticed the smell of burning marijuana while passing her car on the street, according to the report.

Upon search, officers found a small baggie of marijuana in the woman’s purse, police reported.

She also told the officers that the marijuana was not for her — she was just holding it in her purse, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×