Tempe Police: Woman smokes marijuana, but only a little

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incident Monday:

A Phoenix woman was arrested Oct. 29 on the 200 block of W. 5th Street on suspicion of marijuana possession, having drug paraphernalia and being a minor in possession of alcohol, according to a police report.

The woman was contacted by police while she was in her vehicle with her two friends for having open containers of alcohol in a parking lot, police reported.

They were inside the car and the officer could see the glass of a multi-colored pipe under the woman’s right leg where she was sitting, according to a report. 

The car also smelled like burnt marijuana, police reported. The woman was clutching a bottle of alcohol in her hand, according to a police report.

After being arrested, the woman said the marijuana was for personal use only and she only smoked a little bit, police reported.

She also said she took the marijuana from her father’s medical marijuana stash, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Megan Janetsky

Tempe Police: Woman hides from police under mom's bed after stealing cigarettes

Tempe Police: Man caught with stolen chips, cocaine and moonshine

Reach the reporter at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×