​Tempe Police: Man spray paints ex’s new boyfriend’s car

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 41-year-old Tempe man was arrested Dec. 27 on the 910 block of East Laguna Drive on suspicion of criminal damage and failing to comply with a court order, according to a police report.

Police arrested the man after he had spray painted a phrase accusing a man of having herpes onto another man’s gray 2010 Dodge Charger, police reported.

The act resulted in approximately $2,500 worth of damage to the vehicle, according to the report.

After painting the car, the man vandalized a garage door at the same address with the same phrase and damaged his ex-girlfriend’s ring, police reported.

The paint on the door caused approximately $500 worth of damage, according to the report.

Damage to the ring resulted in a violation to a court order which protected the jewelry as a gift offered from the man to the woman during a one-year relationship, police reported.

A witness identified the man to the police and police discovered a used can of yellow spray paint in the man’s car upon arrest, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 20-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Dec. 29 on the 800 block of West Third Street on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage, according to a police report.

During a fight between the woman and her husband, the woman threw a kitchen knife that caused a two-and-a-half inch cut to on the her husband’s left elbow, police reported.

The woman told police that her husband had cut himself, though she said she threw the knife at him to get him to stop cutting himself, according to the report.

She also admitted to punching and breaking a light switch in the apartment during the argument, police reported.

The woman also had small cuts to her right forearm that she said her husband caused by slashing her with a knife, according to the report.

Her husband said she had cut herself with the knife, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

ASU Police investigate 'suspicious' package outside Coor Hall

Tempe Police: Man kicks officer in genitals, injures another officer

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×