Tempe Police: Man breaks glass door after trespassing into ex-girlfriend's home

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police filed the following incidents Tuesday:

A 42-year-old Tempe man was arrested in the 30 block of South McClintock Drive on Jan. 7 on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespassing and criminal damage, according to a police report.

The man had shown up to his ex-girlfriend's residence and forced his way into her home after she tried to stop him, according to the report.

After asking the man to leave multiple times, the woman ran outside her home, and the man followed her, police reported. She then ran back inside and locked the man out, according to the report.

Police reported that the man went to the back door to retrieve a backpack that the woman had thrown outside and he banged on the back door multiple times before leaving.

When the woman went to go and check to see if he was gone, she saw her glass door was damaged, according to police.

The man was arrested three days later and transported to Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

A 33-year-old Tucson man was arrested on the 2000 block of West Baseline Road on Jan. 6 on suspicion of shoplifting and possession of fraudulent sales, according to a police report.

Officers were called to the scene after store employees reported that the man was switching out bar codes on store items, according to the report. Upon search, officers reported that they found 15 fraudulent UPC bar code stickers.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Tempe Police: Man shoots gun into air, hides behind car to avoid police

Tempe Police: Man attacks woman at apartment, claims she choked him

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×