Tempe Police: Couple has sex on 'A' Mountain after doing heroin

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incident Sunday:

A 26-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Feb. 1 on the 220 block of East Fifth Street on suspicion of drug and paraphernalia possession and use, according to a police report.

Officers arrested the woman and her boyfriend after a passerby noticed the couple having sex on "A" Mountain, police reported.

A records check revealed that the woman already had an outstanding Phoenix warrant, according to the report.

During a routine search, officers located five hypodermic needles and a rig inside a small zipper pouch in her backpack, police reported.

Officers also found a Red Bull can with burnt lines and markings consistent with heroin use, according to the report.

During an interview, the woman said the needles were for the insulin that she did not have on her person at the time, police reported.

She also said the backpack was not hers, so she could not explain the shoe string rig and the burnt Red Bull can, according to the report.

Officers also discovered a small plastic baggy filled with heroin inside a cigarette carton among the boyfriend’s belongings, police reported.

The boyfriend said he was aware of the heroin and that he had used it with the woman earlier that day, according to the report.

In a second interview, the woman admitted to using the drugs and paraphernalia, which she said were all hers, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Report compiled by Aimee Plante.

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter.

×