USG Tempe President Isaac Miller endorses Brandon Bishop ticket

Undergraduate Student Government Tempe President Isaac Miller announces his endorsement of the Bishop campaign on Monday, March 28, 2016.

Tempe Undergraduate Student Government President Isaac Miller endorsed USG Tempe presidential candidate Brandon Bishop and his vice presidents of policy and services Kenzie Johnson and John Lauro Monday evening.

"I definitely have a few different reasons why, but it definitely comes down to overall experience and qualifications," Miller said of his endorsement for Bishop, who currently serves as Miller's chief of staff.

He cited Johnson's work as USG Tempe Community and Local Affairs director with the city of Tempe in increasing lighting across the city and Lauro's work as the president of his fraternity as testaments to their ability to carry out jobs as vice presidents of policy and services. 

"And I also look at Brandon, who has pretty much been my right hand man the whole year, and he's done a really good job," Miller said. "I've been very impressed by Brandon's dedication and consistency in working with the staff, his ability to make difficult decisions and his help in making the whole organization run smoothly."

Miller said Bishop's experience with city planning will help make his plan for an airport shuttle feasible.

"Their endorsement means the world to me," Bishop said. 

Miller's endorsement will help expand the reach of the Bishop campaign to new organizations and groups, he said. 

"(The endorsement) really shows students that we are the best candidates for this job," Bishop said. 

Reach the reporter at Arren.Kimbel-Sannit@asu.edu or follow @akimbelsannit on Twitter.

×