10 things you can do before the semester ends

There's still lots of things to do.

The Tempe Center for the Arts is pictured on Saturday, Jan. 16, 2016, from across the Tempe Town Lake.

Summer break is just a few short weeks away. Be sure to have some fun in between classes, work and studying. Here are a few events you should attend before the semester ends.

Until April 14: Go to an art exhibit

Photo courtesy of Andrew Worssam

Take the ASU shuttle over to the ArtSpace West Gallery on West campus and immerse yourself in the architectural photography of Andrew Worssam. The photos displayed in Worssam's exhibit, "Not Drowning, Waverley," are taken with a digital smartphone and a pair of binoculars. The exhibit is free and can be accessed all day.

April 16: Attend a laptop orchestra

Photo by Matthew Briggs | The State Press

Technology is changing everything, including live music. Ever heard of a laptop orchestra? Come and listen to the first student-run laptop orchestra in the nation, and expose yourself to some new digital music. The concert is free and starts at 7:30 p.m.

Read more: ASU's laptop orchestra challenges conventional approach to music

Until May 21: Read Wikipedia in print

Photo by Jordan Neel | The State Press

Do you really know how much information is stored on Wikipedia? That's one question professor and artist Michael Mandiberg had before he printed and organized over 5 million pages of the online encyclopedia. Walk over to the Hayden Library, and peruse through "In the Stacks: Print Wikipedia."

Read more: 'In the Stacks: Print Wikipedia' displays knowledge as art

April 20: Bump, set and hit your way over to a beach volleyball game

Photo by J. Bauer-Leffler | The State Press

Need a good way to get into the summer break spirit? Cheer on the ASU beach volleyball squad as the Sun Devils host the Arizona Wildcats next week at the PERA Club in Tempe. The game starts at 5:00 p.m., and student admission is free with your SunCard.

Read more: Follette becomes first ASU beach volleyball player to win 30 games

April 25-29: Discover the beauty of very, very small things

Photo courtesy of the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts

Art and beauty can be found anywhere, even on the microscopic level. Stop by the Harry Wood Gallery on the Tempe campus anytime from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and observe art that would otherwise be too small to see. Admission to the gallery is free.

April 22-24: 'Change-up' your schedule and catch a softball game

Put on your Sun Devil gear, and attend ASU softball's second-to-last home series of the season against the Oregon Ducks. Like baseball, softball doesn't take much effort to follow along, and can serve as an escape from your responsibilities. Friday and Saturday's games start at 7:00 p.m, Sunday's starts at 1:00 p.m, and as always, students get in free.

Read more: Pac 12 softball power rankings: ASU falls as Oregon remains on top

April 23: Remember Pat Tillman

Photo by Molly Smith | The State Press

Take part in the 12th annual Pat's Run in Tempe. Pat's Run is a 4.2-mile race that winds through the streets of Tempe and ends in Sun Devil Stadium. Over 30,000 ran the race last year in memory of the former college and professional football player and Army veteran. You can reserve your spot now for $50.

Any Wednesday: Go to an open mic night

Photo by Ryan Santistevan | The State Press

Need to take a break from studying and just listen to some music? Walk over to the Tempe Center for the Arts and attend one of their weekly open mic nights. The event offers a platform for local singers and songwriters to perform for the community and for a chance to perform at "In the Spotlight and Songwriters" Showcase. The event is free and starts at 6:00 p.m.

April 26: Eat some peanuts and crackerjacks at a baseball game

Photo by Reilly Kneedler | State Press

Take a trip over to Phoenix Municipal Stadium, relax and watch some good, old-fashioned baseball. The Sun Devils are hosting the Arizona Wildcats, their second meeting of the season. Rivalry games are always entertaining, so don't miss it. The game starts at 7:00 p.m. and student admission is free.

Read more: ASU baseball gets set to host Arizona midweek

Anytime: Go to the Phoenix Zoo

Photo by Mario Mendez | The State Press

Going to the zoo is a no-brainer. You can go for almost any occasion, including ignoring the fact that you have finals to study for. Just bring your ASU ID to the ticket booth and buy an all-day pass for just $17.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×