A look at what went into the making of the documentary 'Seeking Asylum'

The ASU program's director and the director of the documentary spoke with The State Press

Forks Estate Image.png

In this episode of the Forks Estate, podcast host Cassandra Laubach talks about the new documentary "Seeking Asylum" which follows a group of students from ASU's West campus who went to Greece to help refugees. Cassandra spoke with the program's director, Julie Murphy Erfani, about why she thinks students decide to participate in this program. Of the less than 20 students who where chosen to participate, Erfani says that some students have future career goals to help refugees and that the other students who participated wanted to help for ethical reasons. Cassandra also spoke with the director of the documentary, Dave Hunt, about what the experience was like for the students and himself. Hunt explains that his time making the documentary gave him a greater appreciation for what he has. 

Forks Estate: A conversation about the March for Our Lives demonstration in Phoenix

News Update: Student government elections, new lab tech and the ASU football offseason

How ASU helps students pay for tuition

Reach the podcaster at cassandralaubach@gmail.com or on Twitter at @CassieLaubach

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.  

×