Sun Devil volleyball gets spiked 3-1 by the Colorado Buffaloes

Alyse Ford had a total of 29 kills

_MGL9992.jpg

ASU sophomore middle blocker Megan Beedie (17) tips the ball over the net against the Utah Utes in Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona, on Friday, Oct. 19, 2018.

ASU volleyball lost to Colorado in four sets. This is the team's fourth consecutive loss after being swept by Utah on Friday night.

The Sun Devils are now 13-9 and 4-6 in Pac -12 play.

"We didn't play well," coach Sanja Tomasevic said. "It's not rocket science."

Senior outside hitter Alyse Ford led the match in kills with a career high of 29. Ford also had a season high 15 digs. 

The Sun Devils started the match strong taking the first set 25-21.  

"Honestly, it was a weird feeling on the court," Ford said. "All of the sudden, we weren’t swinging. We just weren't being aggressive. That first set we came out did well, but we couldn’t sustain it. That was the issue "

The Buffalos tied the match when they took the second set 25-21. 

Junior setter Nicole Peterson played as the only setter for the Sun Devils and gained her seventh double-double of the season with 54 assists and 17 digs.

The Buffalos took the third set 25-22 to put give them a 2-1 advantage in the match. 

Colorado came out to the fourth set with a hitting percentage of .500 and ultimately won the set 25-20 and the match 3-1.

ASU looks to end its losing streak next Friday against Oregon, Oct. 26 at 7:00 pm in Wells Fargo Arena.

Reach the reporter at skbrisen@asu.edu or follow @sophiabriseno on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×