ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

An 18-year-old female ASU student was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the northwest corner of Palo Verde Main on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The woman reportedly was seen with two other students, one male and one female, lighting what appeared to be a marijuana pipe and smoking from it.

When police confronted the students, the officer saw in plain view a multi-colored glass pipe in an open purse nearby, police reported.

Upon closer inspection, the officers reportedly found burnt residue inside the glass pipe as well as pieces of a green leafy substance.

The female claimed possession of the glass pipe as well as the marijuana, police reported.

The woman was reportedly transported to the ASU Police Department, read her rights, interviewed and processed.

During the interview, she said she smoked marijuana once per week and that she bought the 1.8 grams of marijuana from "some guy" at a bus stop in Tempe for $20.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 26-year-old Chandler man was arrested Wednesday morning on the 2200 block of S. Rural Road on charges of aggravated assault, interference of judicial proceedings and criminal damage.

The man reportedly went to the home of a female who is a protected party in an order of protection that the male was served with on March 4.

The man injured the woman when he kicked in a door in her apartment during a domestic dispute, police reported.

He was reportedly booked and held to see a judge.

A 49-year-old transient man was arrested Wednesday evening on the 800 block of S. River Drive on charges of indecent exposure.

The man attempted to urinate in public and expose his penis, police reported.

The man was reportedly booked into Tempe City Jail.

A 35-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Wednesday afternoon on the 5000 block of S. Arizona Mills Circle on charges of theft and shoplifting.

The woman and two other subjects concealed $106.92 in clothing from a JC Penney, police reported.

The suspects were reportedly stopped by security outside the store.

Some of the clothing was hidden in a purse, police reported.

The woman reportedly admitted when read her Miranda rights and was booked into Tempe City Jail.

Reach the reporter at: heather.cutler@asu.edu.

×