Police Beat: Woman suspected of stealing $1,200 worth of Saks Fifth Avenue merchandise

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct on the 500 block of South Beck Avenue, police reported.

The man reportedly head butted his 2-year-old son in the forehead, police reported.

When police arrived the man claimed to have been assaulted by another subject who fled, police reported.

The man then began screaming and his behavior became violent and aggressive, police reported.

He was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, according to police reports.

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on 10400 block of 44th Street for unlawful use, police reported.

The man was riding in the back seat of a vehicle which police believe was stolen. The driver's nervousness made officers suspicious, police reported.

The man was booked and transported to Tempe City Jail, according to police reports.

• A 24-year-old Queen Creek woman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of aggravated DUI.

The woman was involved in a single rollover accident with her 2-year-old daughter, police reported. The woman showed signs of intoxication and when tested showed a blood alcohol content of 0.237, police reported.

She was treated at a Scottsdale healthcare center, then arrested and booked into jail for aggravated DUI, according to the report.

• A 30-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of shoplifting at Arizona Mills Mall, police reported.

The woman reportedly left Saks Fifth Avenue with more than $1,200 in merchandise without paying and was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail for booking, police reported.

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of aggravated assault at his home on the 1200 block of East Vista del Cerro, police reported.

The man pointed a gun at a man urinating in nearby bushes of the apartment complex, police reported.

The man then put away the gun, continued verbal argument until police arrived and retreated inside his apartment, police reported.

He refused to come out until several hours later when a tactical team arrived , police said. The man was arrested and booked into Tempe City jail.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 47-year-old woman, 44-year-old-man, 31-year-old woman and 62-year-old man were arrested Thursday on suspicion of third degree burglary.

The foursome broke into a vacant building on the 500 block of East Broadway Road at 10 p.m. to remove scrap metal fixtures, including a large sink and service carts, police reported.

The group was able to enter the building through a hole in the exterior, according to the report.

All the subjects were booked into the Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 26-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Thursday at the 700 block of West University Drive on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of narcotic drugs, police reported.

The woman was contacted in a vehicle after a caller warned police of possible narcotics use, and drug paraphernalia could be seen clearly from outside the vehicle, police reported.

Two small balloons with suspected heroin and one small baggie with suspected cocaine were found in the car, police reported.

The woman was transported and booked into the Tempe city jail and later released pending charges, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 25-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Friday on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of possession of a forged instrument, police reported.

According to the police report, the woman was in possession of a forged Mexican Driver's license that was verified by a forged document identification certified officer, police reported.

The woman was held to see a judge, police said.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Friday on the intersection of Evergreen Road and Malibu Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of narcotic drugs and being a minor in possession of alcohol during a subject stop in Tempe, police reported.

The man was holding an open bottle of alcohol and admitted to being a minor, police reported.

At the man's residence a roommate granted consent to enter, and officers said they found marijuana and a white powdery substance believed to be cocaine and several marijuana pipes.

The man claimed ownership over the marijuana, cocaine and pipes found in the home, police reported.

The man was booked on all charges and pending release, police reported.

• A 37-year-old Tempe man was arrested Friday on the 3200 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicious of possession and sale of dangerous drugs, driving on a suspended license, and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

According to the police report the man was found to have $635 and five individually-wrapped baggies of a white crystal substance believed to be methamphetamine, weighing approximately 16 grams, police reported.

• A 27-year-old Gilbert man was arrested Friday on the intersection of Playa del Norte Drive and Scottsdale Road for one count of DUI, one count of DUI with a blood alcohol level of .08 and a hit and run, police reported.

According to the police report, the man committed a hit and run at the intersection of Fourth Street and Mill Avenue with possible injury to a pedestrian. He was identified by several witnesses at the accident scene, police reported.

When pulled over by officers the man was found to have watery eyes, strong odor of liquor, impairment and admitted to consuming six beers, police reported. The man was booked at Tempe city jail.

Reports compiled by Deanna Dent. Reach the reporter at: deanna.dent@asu.edu.

×