Police Beat

Tempe police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• A 56-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of forgery, according to a police report.

The man was arrested at Tempe City Jail when he admitted to involvement in cashing a $694.78 check at a gas station on the 600 block of West Broadway Road, police said.

After it was cashed, the check was returned to the gas station as an altered or fictitious item, and the gas station had a loss of $714.78, police reported.

Police said they contacted the company that issued the check and confirmed that the man was not an employee or due any money by the company.

The man was held to see a judge, according to the police report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 25-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of one count of possession of dangerous drugs and four counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police stopped the man at Ninth and McKemy streets at 3 a.m. Upon searching him, police found he was in possession of dangerous drugs and several items of drug paraphernalia, according to police reports.

Police took the man to Tempe City Jail and later released him pending charges, police said.

• A 26-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and misconduct with a concealed weapon, police reported.

Police arrested the man on the 1200 block of East Apache Boulevard after an investigation revealed he had a .40-caliber black handgun concealed on his waistline, according to a police report.

The suspect admitted he was not in possession of a concealed weapons permit, police said.

A subsequent search revealed the man was in possession of prescription-only drugs that he did not have prescriptions for, according to a police report.

Police said the suspect was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was released pending drug charges but held to see a judge on the concealed weapons charge.

Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×