Police Beat

ASU Police reported the following incidents on Wednesday:

• Between 1:30 and 3 p.m. Monday, an unknown suspect or suspects committed theft of means of transportation, police reported.

The suspect or suspects stole a red 1999 Ford F-250 Supercab pickup truck from Lot 59, according to police.

The estimated loss is $10,500, according to the police report.

There are no suspects or investigative leads at this time, police reported.

• Between 1 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday, an unknown suspect or suspects unlawfully entered a room in the Memorial Union and stole a wooden spool containing 250 feet of copper wiring, according to police reports.

The theft is considered third-degree burglary and the estimated loss is $517.15, police reported.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Wednesday:

• At about 1:40 p.m. Friday, a 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of unlawful use of means of transportation and unauthorized control of a vehicle, according to police.

The man was stopped for speeding on the 1700 block of East Broadway Road, police reported.

Investigation revealed the motorcycle he was driving was reported stolen in June, and he was driving on a suspended license, police said.

He was booked in Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

• A 24-year-old man was arrested Friday in Flagstone Park at 525 S. Mill Ave. on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.

Police observed the man sitting in the park hiding what was later identified as a marijuana cigarette, according to the police report.

Police said the man had marijuana all over his shirt and admitted to ownership and to trying to hide it.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 35-year-old man was arrested Monday on suspicion of luring a minor for sexual exploitation, according to police reports.

Police arrested the man in a Burger King on South McClintock Drive, saying he connected online with a subject he believed to be a 14-year-old female, police reported.

Police said the man made sexual solicitations in an online chat on two occasions with a subject who was actually an undercover police officer.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and was later charged with two counts of luring a minor for sexual exploitation, police reported.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×