Tempe police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 20-year-old Peoria man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of two counts of armed robbery, police reported.

The suspect was apprehended on the 1300 block of South Rural Road, according to the police report.

The man was involved in an armed robbery on Oct. 10 in the east parking lot of an apartment complex at 1355 E. University Drive, police reported.

The suspect and a second unknown suspect threatened a resident of the complex with a firearm and demanded his personal property, according to the police report.

The victim gave the suspects his personal property, including a cell phone, watch and cash, and reported he was in fear for his life, police reported.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

• A 24-year-old transient man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possessing narcotics and possessing drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The suspect was apprehended at the Starbucks at 420 S. Mill Ave., according to the police report.

The man was found with a used syringe containing heroin residue in his front right pants pocket, police reported.

Inside the Starbucks bathroom was a usable quantity of heroin and an aluminum can with burned heroin residue, according to the police report.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

• A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of aggravated assault causing a serious physical injury, police reported.

The suspect was arrested at East Carson Drive and East Frost Drive in Tempe after a collision with a pedestrian, according to the police report.

The pedestrian had been riding on the hood on the car, lying on his back when the vehicle hit a speed bump, police reported.

The man riding on the car fell off and was caught in the undercarriage of the car and dragged along the road under the vehicle for a short distance, according to the police report.

The injured man was taken to a hospital with road rash and other serious injuries sustained in the accident, police reported.

Investigation revealed the driver was under the influence of alcohol and marijuana when the collision occurred, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×