Police Beat

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 25-year-old Maricopa man was arrested late Thursday night at East Lemon Street and South Dorsey Lane on suspicion of driving on a suspended license, possession of drugs, and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The man was stopped on a traffic violation and arrested when a license check revealed his license was suspended, police reported.

A later search of the vehicle found a marijuana cigarette that had been put out, and the man was found to have a small quantity of marijuana and rolling papers in his underwear, according to police.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested in his home early Wednesday morning on suspicion of aggravated assault and one count of kidnapping, according to a police report.

The man was having a party at his home on the 6500 block of South Hazel Lane when he assaulted another man by punching and choking him, according to the report.

Afterward, the man tried to prevent the victim, another man and a woman from leaving the house out of fear of being reported to police by holding the victim down and threatening him, according to the report.

• A 33-year-old Tempe man was arrested in his home on the 200 block of East Baseline Road early Thursday morning on suspicion of unlawful imprisonment and assault, according to a police report.

The man assaulted his girlfriend by holding her down in the bedroom, hitting the right side of her head against the wall of the room and holding his hand over her mouth when she tried to leave, according to the report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports complied by Derek Quizon. Reach the reporter at derek.quizon@asu.edu.

×