ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Between 7:55 and 8:05 p.m. Nov. 9 an unknown person or persons stole the laptop and iPod of a 22-year-old female ASU student, police reported.

The student had the items at a desk in Hayden Library on the Tempe campus and left briefly. When she returned, they were gone, according to the police report.

The total estimated loss is $2,000, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, according to the police report.

Between 11:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Nov. 4 an unknown suspect or suspects stole the vehicle of a 71-year-old man, police reported.

The vehicle, a pickup truck, was parked on the side of the road at 1126 E. Rio Salado Parkway near the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The estimated total loss is about $20,000, and the victim is willing to aid in prosecution, police reported.

• An 18-year-old male ASU student was arrested Oct. 24 on suspicion of doing criminal damage, police reported.

Several witnesses identified the man as the person who committed damage to a vehicle parked in ASU’s Lot 59 on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The student reportedly jumped on the hood of another student’s vehicle in early October, dented the car and shattered the windshield, police reported.

The estimated loss in the incident was $630, according to the police report.

• An 18-year-old male ASU student and a 19-year-old male ASU student were arrested Oct. 24 on suspicion of being under 21 in possession of alcohol and possessing marijuana, police reported.

The students were arrested at the Sonora Residence Hall on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The students were processed at the ASU Police Department, cited and released.

Tempe police reported the following incident Wednesday:

• A 19-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of two counts of aggravated assault and assisting a criminal street gang, police reported.

The man was arrested at an apartment on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard, according to the police report.

The suspect, along with two other juvenile males, reportedly sought out several victims looking for a fight, according to the report. Once they were located, the man punched the victims in the head several times, police reported.

The suspect then removed his belt from his pants and hit one victim of an unknown age with the belt, lodging the buckle into the man’s skull, according to the police report.

The buckle broke through the man’s skull and impaled his brain. It was later removed surgically in the hospital, police reported.

The man admitted his involvement in the incident and was identified by several witnesses, according to the police report.

The man also had several documents that lead police to believe he is involved with a criminal gang, police reported.

The man is currently being held at Tempe City Jail, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×