ASU police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• Between 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, the vehicle of a 50-year-old ASU staff member was stolen, police reported.

The vehicle was parked in Lot 59 near Sun Devil Stadium on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The estimated loss is $17,500, police reported.

There are no witnesses, leads or suspects at this time, according to the police report.

• Between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 7, the laptop of a 19-year-old ASU student was stolen, police reported.

The computer was taken from the student’s room in Manzanita Hall on the Tempe campus. The student reported he left the laptop locked in his room and returned to find it gone, according to the police report.

The estimated loss is $1,500, police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses at this time. The student said he is willing to aid in prosecution, according to the police report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 33-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of attempted burglary of a vehicle, criminal damage and possessing burglary tools, police reported.

The man was stopped in the parking lot of Tempe Sports Complex at 8401 S. Hardy Drive while attempting to drive away in his own vehicle after the attempted burglary, according to the police report.

The door of the car the suspect tried to steal had pry marks under the window and chipped paint, police reported.

The suspect had a large screwdriver in his vehicle. The screwdriver had paint flecks matching the color of the almost-stolen car, according to the police report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge on all charges, police reported.

• A 19-year-old ASU student was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possessing marijuana, police reported.

The student was stopped during a security check when he entered the Rural Road Parking Structure on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The suspect, a passenger in the vehicle, was seen assisting the male driver in filling a cigar with marijuana, police reported.

When the car was searched, police found two additional bags of marijuana behind the passenger seat and both men admitted to ownership of the drug, according to the police report.

The student was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×