Usually its Chad Ocho Cinco or Terrell Owens who keep us entertained throughout the NFL season with their ridiculous antics on and off the field.

Sure both have had their share of dramatic moments, but another big name receiver has stolen the NFL entertainment spotlight.

Plaxico Burress, who played a vital role in the New York Giants' Super Bowl victory last season, has been in the spotlight all season. The drama started when he was fined for not practicing at a minicamp in June.

Next in September, the superstar found himself owing more than $100,000 to the team because he failed to attend a team meeting.

Burress got a whole lot of publicity this weekend after he reportedly shot himself in the thigh. He now faces two felony charges of criminal possession of a weapon, not to mention his thigh probably doesn’t feel so great.

As much as things have gone downhill for the star receiver, it’s a nice change of pace from the usual: listening to T.O. complain about not getting the ball, then watching him cry about his quarterback.

×