Police Beat

Tempe police reported the following incidents:

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of possessing marijuana and underage consumption of alcohol, police reported.

Police stopped the man shortly before 1 a.m. near the intersection of East Baseline Road and South College Avenue while he was riding a bicycle without a light, according to police reports.

During the stop, police determined the man had alcohol in his system and was under 21, police reported.

A police search then revealed the man had a marijuana cigarette in his left jacket pocket, according to the reports.

The man was taken to Tempe City Jail and later released pending charges, police reported.

• A 22-year-old Scottsdale woman was arrested Wednesday night for a Tempe warrant near South Price Road and West Eighth Street, police reported.

The woman was taken to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge.

While at the jail, she was found to be in possession of a usable amount of marijuana, which was hidden in her undershirt, according to police reports.

She was then booked on suspicion of one count of possession of marijuana and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia and released pending those charges, according to the reports.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×