ASU police reported the following incident Monday:

• Between 10:15 and 11:40 p.m. on Jan. 30, an unknown person or persons committed criminal damage to the vehicle of a 19-year-old ASU student, police reported.

The car was parked in the south parking lot of Ocotillo Hall on the Tempe campus, according to the police report.

The suspect or suspects smashed the front driver’s side window of the vehicle, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $150, according to the police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 31-year-old Tempe man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of first-degree attempted murder, police reported.

The man was arrested on the 600 block of West 14th Street after investigation revealed he used a box cutter and a kitchen knife with the intent to cause the death of his wife, according to the police report.

The suspect caused multiple lacerations to the woman’s throat and stomach area while inside a residence on the 1300 block of South Mitchell Drive, police reported.

The man admitted to the incident and said he intended “to kill” his wife “for leaving” him and intentionally “cut” her “throat” to sever the “carotid artery,” according to a police report.

The woman was transported to a local hospital, and her injuries were not life threatening. She is currently still in the hospital, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, according to a police report.

• A 27-year-old man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of two counts of aggravated assault, endangerment and driving under the influence of alcohol, police reported.

The man was involved in a collision after driving his car on the wrong side of the road at on the 100th block of East Rio Salado Parkway, according to the police report.

Two passengers in the other vehicle were seriously injured in the accident, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a police report.

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of aggravated assault on a police officer and consuming alcohol as a minor, police reported.

The man was arrested onthe 1100 block of East Broadway Road after he slapped an officer in the face with his open hand, according to a police report.

The officer was called to the parking lot because a taxicab driver reported the man refused to pay his fare, police reported.

When the officer arrived on the scene, the man was asleep in the back of the cab. The man slapped the officer in the face when the officer tried to wake him, according to a police report.

Investigation revealed the man’s blood-alcohol content was .224, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge.

Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×