ASU police reported the following incident Monday:

• Between 10 a.m. March 9 and 4:30 p.m. Thursday, an unknown person or persons robbed the dorm room of a 19-year-old male ASU student, police report.

The items, including the student’s laptop, were stolen from Palo Verde Main on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The student’s wallet, including several credit cards and $80 cash, was also stolen, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $1,000, according to the police report.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses at this time, according to the report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, being under 21 years of age with alcohol in his body, driving on a suspended license and being in possession of marijuana, police reported.

The man reportedly fled from a marked police car in his own vehicle near the 4900 block of South Wendler Drive, according to a police report.

The man stopped at 5000 South Wendler where he fled on foot from the driver’s side of the vehicle, police reported.

The man left a burning marijuana cigarette in the center console of the car, according to the report.

Police detained the man nearby. He denied the marijuana cigarette was his, police reported.

The man had a blood-alcohol content of 0.021 and police determined he was driving on a suspended license, according to the report.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge.

• An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of two counts of third-degree trespassing and being in possession of marijuana, police reported.

The suspect was arrested on the 1100 block of South Farmer Drive after an officer observed him crouching under bushes on the east side of the street, according to a police report.

The officer observed the man walking along railroad tracks to get to the private property area where he was contacted, police reported.

When the suspect saw the officer approaching him, he hid something under his red baseball cap that police later determined was marijuana, according to the report.

The man told police he didn’t know he was trespassing and admitted to being in possession of marijuana, police reported.

The officer noted eight “no trespassing” signs painted in orange spray paint in the area, according to the police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge on the trespassing charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×