ASU police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Between 10 p.m. on Saturday and 12:10 p.m. on Monday an unknown person or persons burglarized the vehicle of a 23-year-old male ASU student, police reported.

The vehicle was parked on the top level of the Rural Road parking structure, according to a police report.

The suspect or suspects broke the front passenger side window and stole several items from inside the car, police reported.

The total estimated loss is $1,000, according to the report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

• A 28-year-old man was arrested March 18 on suspicion of assault, false reporting to a law-enforcement agency and criminal trespassing, police reported.

The man is suspected of assaulting a 19-year-old male ASU student in the lobby of Palo Verde West residence hall on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The victim, a resident of the hall, suffered minor injuries including a fat lip, cuts on his hands and finger marks on his throat, but he refused medical attention, police reported.

The suspect originally reported a false name to the arresting officer and was later determined to be trespassing in the building, according to the report.

The man was transported to Fourth Avenue Jail, booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An 18-year-old transient woman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of prostitution and being in possession of marijuana and dangerous drugs, police reported.

The woman was arrested for prostitution near the 1600 block of North Scottsdale Road after she agreed to have a sexual encounter with an undercover officer, according to a police report.

When the woman was searched upon arrest, police found she was in possession of a bag of marijuana and two pills believed to be ecstasy, police reported.

She was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge on the prostitution charge, according to police report.

• A 48-year-old Tempe man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was stopped on his bicycle around 12:15 a.m. on the 2100 block of East Apache Boulevard because he didn’t have a headlamp or any reflectors on his bike, according to the police report.

A search revealed the man had a glass pipe used for smoking methamphetamines and a small bad of methamphetamines in his possession, police reported.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Tessa Muggeridge. Reach the reporter at tessa.muggeridge@asu.edu.

×