Police Beat

ASU police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• Between noon on April 9 and 9 a.m. on April 15, an unknown person or persons stole an ASU librarian’s laptop from his office, according to a police report.

The librarian told police he left his laptop on April 9 when he left the office, which was secured by two locked doors, according to the report.

There were no signs of forced entry into the office, and the man said only one other person, who was on vacation, was believed to have a key to the office, police reported.

The man told police there had recently been other thefts in locked areas of the library, according to the report.

The stolen laptop was described as a gray or silver Dell Latitude, and there are no suspects or leads at this time, police reported.

• Between 6:45 and 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, an unknown suspect or suspects committed third-degree burglary on the northwest side of Lot 59, according to a police report.

The suspect or suspects entered a 2006 Ford F-150 through a partially open window and stole items from within while it was parked, according to the report.

The suspect or suspects then committed fraudulent use of a credit card by using stolen credit cards from inside the truck at least four times, police reported.

The loss was estimated at $818, and there are no suspects, leads, witnesses or physical evidence at this time, according to the report.

• On Saturday around 10:35 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a large cheese pizza from Sun Devil Bistro and Diner located at 500 E. University Drive, according to a police report.

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An 18-year-old Cave Creek woman was arrested early Saturday morning on the 1200 block of East Loma Vista Drive on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia and narcotic drugs, according to a police report.

Police contacted the woman at a residence while investigating a complaint of a loud party, police reported.

When she was contacted, she gave police a fake identification card, according to the report.

The woman had her purse with her, which contained her real identification card, and a clear plastic bag with a white powdery substance believed to be cocaine, police reported.

The woman was taken to Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 21-year-old man was arrested Friday on suspicion of providing false identification and violating probation, according to a police report.

Police observed the man as a passenger in a vehicle headed south on South Mill Avenue with an open container of alcohol, police reported.

When police stopped the car and talked to the man, they noted he had a cold, half-full can of Bud Light, according to the report.

Police asked him for identification, and he gave them a name and a date of birth but no proof of identification, police reported. He later stated that he did have identification and gave a card to police that had a different name and date of birth, police reported.

When asked where he lived, the man stated, “I don’t know,” according to the report.

A records check revealed the man was on probation for burglary and the possession of marijuana, police reported.

The man was booked in Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Adam Sneed. Reach the reporter at adam.sneed@asu.edu.

×