Iran protest scheduled for Sunday night

Another protest in support of the Iranian people, who have suffered violent attacks for their opposition to the fraudulent election, has been scheduled at the Tempe campus on Sunday from 7 to 9 p.m.

The protest was originally scheduled for Saturday, since that is the “global day of action,” which was coordinated by United4Iran, a “non-partisan collaborative of individuals and human rights organizations,” according to the press release from United4Iran.

There were still two other protests held in Arizona on Saturday, according to an e-mail from Nadia Sadeghi, a former ASU student and one of the coordinators for the ASU protest.

One protest was at the Arizona State Capitol in Phoenix from 7 to 10 a.m. and the other was at the University of Arizona from 6 to 8 p.m., both on Saturday.

More than 80 cities and many groups and organizations will participate in the global protest, according to the press release from United4Iran.

Hadi Ghaemi, Director of the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran, helps run United4Iran, with a focus on outreach, strategy and media relations.

He said he is unsure of any future global protests.

“It depends on what happens in Iran and if there will be a restoration of human rights,” Ghaemi said.

Reach the reporter at reweaver@asu.edu

×