Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 19-year-old Phoenix man was found unresponsive early Wednesday morning on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard and then arrested on suspicion of assaulting one of the firefighters trying to help him, police reported.

Tempe fire and paramedics were transporting the unresponsive and unconscious man to Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital for observation when the man broke free of his restraints while on a gurney in the back on the ambulance, according to a police report.

He then assaulted one of the firefighters providing medical aid by striking him in the chest with a closed fist, police reported.

The man also made several attempts to bite the firefighter and other paramedics, police reported.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of aggravated assault and one count of being under 21 with alcohol in the body, according to police reports.

• A 30-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Wednesday afternoon on the 700 block of South College Avenue on suspicion of aggravated assault of an officer, police reported.

The man reportedly spit in the officer’s face while at Campus Corner at the above location, according to a police report.

The man was being placed under arrest on suspicion of shoplifting when he spit in the officer’s face, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of aggravated assault of a law-enforcement officer, according to a report.

Tempe Police reported the following incident Tuesday:

• A-19-year-old Tempe man was arrested Monday after police stopped his vehicle near East 10th Street and South Mill Avenue on suspicion of forgery and giving false information to law enforcement, police reported.

The man reportedly failed to show proper identification to the officer and had no record through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), according to a police report.

The man also used a social security number belonging to someone else and forged an application and W-4 tax form to gain employment at Dilly’s Deli in Tempe, police reported.

The man tried to convince the arrested officers he was a juvenile, according to a police report.

A review of his job application revealed that his actual age is 19, police reported.

The suspect was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of forgery, one count of giving false information to a law-enforcement officer and one count of failure to show proper identification, police reported.

Reports compiled by Nathan Meacham. Reach the reporter at nathan.meacham@asu.edu.

×