Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old man was arrested around 12:31 a.m. Sunday on 1100 block of East Lemon Street on suspicion of possession of marijuana, according to a police report.

Police were responding to a noise complaint at a residence when they saw the suspect had a plastic bag with marijuana in his front pocket, police reported.

Officers then arrested the man and he was transported to Tempe City Jail and was released pending charges, according to the report.

The man admitted the marijuana was his and said he had received it as a gift for his birthday, on Sept. 10, police reported.

• A 34-year-old man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of failing to provide proof of his identity during a traffic stop on the 2500 block of West Broadway Road, police reported.

The suspect was stopped after a records check revealed the car was registered to an unlicensed owner, according to a police report.

The suspect originally gave the officer a false name and date of birth, police reported.

After officers discovered there was no record of anyone under the name, they arrested the man and transported him to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

The man later admitted that he had given a false name and told officers his real name, according to the report. He said he had used the other name because he was deported five years ago before returning to Arizona three months ago, according to the report.

After further record checks, the police discovered he was also prosecuted as a sex offender in Texas, police reported.

He was arrested and taken to Tempe City Jail where he was held to see a judge, according to a police report.

• A Tempe man was arrested Saturday night at about 11 p.m. on suspicion of aggravated assault after he assaulted his nephew, police reported.

The man reportedly punched his nephew multiple times in the face, according to a police report.

The victim reportedly had to get seven stitches above his left eye and five above his right eye, police reported.

A records check also revealed the man had a warrant out of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office after he failed to appear in court on charges of criminal damage.

Reports compiled by Michelle Parks. Reach the reporter at michelle.parks@asu.edu.

×