Police Beat

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested early Friday on suspicion of aggravated assault and criminal damage on the 150 block of West Fifth Street, police reported.

The man had been drinking with another man when he reportedly got into a verbal argument, according to the report.

The man reportedly retrieved a glass beer bottle from a trash can and broke it, police reported.

He then allegedly walked over to the other man and stabbed him once in the head, causing three lacerations to his forehead, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Mesa man was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct, assaulting a police officer and aggravated assault on the 400 block of South Mill Avenue early Saturday morning, police reported.

The man was observed fighting another man on the ground and attempting to hit him with closed fists when both men were pepper-sprayed by officers, police reported.

While being taken away, the man spit through a detention cage in a transport vehicle, hitting an officer, according to a police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 57-year-old Phoenix man was arrested late Saturday night on suspicion of attempted armed robbery on the 100 block of West University Drive, police reported.

The man walked into the store and reportedly demanded the clerk to empty the cash register, according to the report.

He had one of his hands in his pocket and threatened to kill the clerk, saying “I’ll kill you” three to four times, according to a police report.

The clerk responded by reaching into the man’s pocket and pulling out an unknown object, police reported.

After realizing it wasn’t a real gun, the clerk said he was calling the police, prompting the man to run out of the store, according to a report.

Police caught up with the man several blocks away from the store, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of trespassing on a critical public facility on the light rail bridge spanning Tempe Town Lake, according to a police report.

The man was arrested when officers saw him riding a skateboard on the bridge, police reported.

He was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 40-year-old Phoenix man was arrested early Friday afternoon on suspicion of aggravated DUI on the 2100 block of South McClintock Drive, police reported.

The man, who was driving a car with four passengers, including his 12-year-old daughter, was stopped by officers for running a red light, according to a police report.

The officer reported the man had bloodshot, watery eyes and “the distinct smell of intoxication,” according to the report.

When asked about it, the man admitted to drinking six beers before driving, and his blood-alcohol content was .110, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a report.

Reach the reporter at derek.quizon@asu.edu.

×