Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 25-year-old transient man and a 36-year-old Phoenix man were arrested Tuesday around 5 p.m. on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs with intent to sell, according to a police report.

After being pulled over near North Scottsdale Road and East 3rd Avenue in Scottsdale after reportedly making a wide left turn, a drug dog positively alerted the vehicle for search, police reported.

A search revealed 4 ounces of a crystalline substance, individually packaged for sale, located in a hidden compartment in the dashboard, according to a report.

The substance flash-tested positively as methamphetamine, and the men were transported to Tempe City Jail and booked, according to reports.

• A 42-year-old transient man was in police custody on suspicion of a drug violation Tuesday, when he admitted to committing 39 beer runs from Circle K locations in Phoenix and Tempe between June 29, 2009, and Jan. 30, 2010, according to a police report.

The man told police he had stolen the beer to support his drug habit and is being charged with 21 counts of felony shoplifting in Tempe, while Phoenix Police detectives will handle the other 18 charges, police reported.

Surveillance cameras captured each incident, and the man was positively identified in photo line-ups, according to a police report.

He was entered into the repeat offender program and total theft was estimated to be around $4,604.35, according to a report.

• A 29-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Monday around 8:45 a.m. near East University Drive and the Interstate 10 highway on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of prescription drugs, according to a police report.

A distinct odor of marijuana was coming from the vehicle, which was initially pulled over for speeding on the freeway, police reported.

A search of the vehicle revealed a usable quantity of marijuana, a digital scale and prescription pills, police reported. When the man was searched, police found more marijuana in the man’s boxer shorts, according to a report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending the charges, police reported.

• A 54-year-old Tempe man was arrested Monday around 9:30 a.m. on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and possession of a forged instrument, according to a police report.

The man was originally stopped at North Scottsdale Road and East Tempe Drive for having plates on his vehicle that were not valid for highway use, police reported.

When contacted, the man said his license was suspended but a license check showed his license was revoked, according to police.

A search revealed that he was in possession of a forged Arizona driver’s license, which he admitted was fake and also said that the maker of the ID had since moved to Mexico, according to a report.

He was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, according to a report.

• Reports compiled by Nicholas Palomino Mendoza. Reach the reporter at npmendo@asu.edu

×