Police Beat: March 25

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An unknown person or persons threw a chair through a window at the Memorial Union early Tuesday morning, according to a police report.
  • The chair was thrown through a window on the northeast side of the building, causing the glass to shatter, police reported.

A custodian in the area heard the window break but did not see anyone around who could have thrown the chair, according to the report.

The cost of replacing the window is estimated at $500 and there are currently no suspects, leads or witnesses, police reported.

If any suspects are located, there is probable cause to arrest and charge them with criminal damage, according to a report.

• A student reported having his black iPod stolen from his dorm room at Hassayampa Academic Village between 5:30 and 8 p.m. Monday, according to a police report.
  • The student believes his suitemate took the iPod, since his door was locked and nobody else had access to his room, police reported.

The student does not have the serial number to his iPod and does not wish to prosecute, according to the report, but valued the music device to be $150.

The student was referred to ASU Residential Life for further action, according to police.

• The passenger side window to a 1988 Toyota Camry was broken sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning, according to a police report.
  • The car was parked in the visitor parking area of the Rural Road Parking Structure near Barrett, the Honors College, according to the report.

Police estimated the damage at $500.

×