Police Beat: March 29

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 19-year-old Tempe woman was arrested March 16 on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
  • Police found a quarter-pound of marijuana, two bongs and other paraphernalia after a warrant was served at the woman’s apartment, according to a police report.

Police were initially called to the apartment after the woman’s boyfriend reported his 3-year-old son missing, police reported.

The child was found, but police smelled burned marijuana in the apartment and wrote a warrant, according to a report.

The woman was booked and processed at Tempe City Jail and was later released, according to the report.

• A 25-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 16 on suspicion of child neglect, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
  • A police investigation revealed the man allowed his 3-year-old son to leave his apartment unsupervised twice throughout the day, according to a police report.

Police believe the man was smoking marijuana while he left his son unattended for an unknown amount of time, police reported.

The man was booked and processed at Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge on child neglect charges, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 16 on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.
  • Police stopped the man for riding a bike without a front light and rear reflector, according to a police report.

Police found a glass pipe with residue in the man’s pocket after he consented to a search, police reported.

During the search, police found a usable quantity of a substance believed to be methamphetamine. The substance later tested positive for crystal meth, police reported.

The man was booked and processed at Tempe City Jail and was later released, according to the police report.

×