Police Beat: March 31

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 19-year-old ASU student was hospitalized Sunday around 2:25 a.m. after falling from an open portion of the roof of the Sigma Chi fraternity house, police reported.

The man fell feet-first to the ground, subsequently impacting his entire body and chin on the ground and knocking him unconscious, according to a police report.

The man regained consciousness and was transported to the Maricopa County Hospital Trauma Unit, police reported.

The man was found to have a broken jaw, bruised lungs, a possible fractured sternum and cuts to his feet, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons burglarized a dorm room at Manzanita Hall shared by two female ASU students on the Tempe campus between 12:15 and 1:10 a.m. Monday, police reported.

The room was left unlocked, and a purse, wallet, credit card and credit card case were stolen from one student, and a silver laptop was taken from the other room, according to a police report.

The total estimated loss is $2,350, police reported.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons used an ASU purchasing credit card belonging to an employee of the Student Health Center to purchase a guitar March 24, police reported.

The purchase was made over telephone to a music store in New York, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,643.47, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons shattered the front windshield of a truck between 2 a.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday, police reported.

The 2002 Nissan Frontier was parked at ASU Lot 18 in Tempe, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,000, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage near the Student Recreation Complex on the Tempe campus by damaging an ASU golf cart between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. Thursday, police reported.

The golf cart was stolen from an unspecified location and found damaged near the SRC, according to a police report.

The ignition to the golf car was not damaged, police reported.

The estimated loss is $1,000, according to a report.

Reports compiled by Matt Hendley. Reach the reporter at mhendley@asu.edu

×