If you’ve ever had the desire to be woefully misrepresented on one of cable’s sleaziest channels, you’re about to have that chance — MTV’s “The Real World” is coming to Tempe.

Think that Arizona is too underrated to have a shot at getting participants on the show? Quite the opposite.

“[Tempe is] a gold mine for us, and I can’t tell you how many times we go there and end up getting someone on the show because it’s literally the best city to cast in,” Damon Furberg, a supervising casting director, told The Arizona Republic.

Yes, Tempe is home to Playboy’s No. 6 party school and a treasure trove of potential cast members for MTV. And you thought the most valuable thing about the city was an undergraduate degree from ASU.

The show will be holding casting calls for its 25th season this Saturday at Suite 301 Sky Lounge, looking for “characters from real life,” according to a press release.

And just who exactly are these real-life characters casting directors are on the hunt for?

According to the press release, they’d “love to include a person who is physically challenged, an individual struggling with weight issues [or] someone who has been affected by a natural disaster.”

The likelihood that they will exploit these people is slim-to-none, right?

And considering a botched plastic surgery is the closest thing to a natural disaster you’ll find Arizona, it looks like you’ll have to come up with your own gimmick to make it on the show.

Additional attributes they are in search of include people “involved with goth, emo, or punk subculture [or] a member of a pro-abstinence organization,” among others.

Apparently this season the casting directors aren’t looking for the people who drink too much, punch people while drunk and look good while doing it. Wait, who are we kidding? If there are any running themes in “Real World” seasons, they’re drunkenness, violence and hotness.

Here are a few other traits you might want to show at the Saturday auditions if you want to get chosen for the show’s 25th season.

• Stupidity

• Weakness for tequila

• Deep-seated prejudice

• ‘Roid rage

• Lack of hygiene

• Sexually available

• Snobbiness and entitlement issues

• We can’t say it enough — hotness.

However, we would like to see the show take some chances and recruit some people who rarely get their 15 minutes of fame on trashy television channels. The underrepresented demographic we think should be covered look more like:

• “World of Warcraft” gamers

• Hardworking, driven individuals

• Germaphobes (imagine this in a “Real World” house)

• Hard-core academics

• Normal, well-adjusted human beings

We fully expect MTV to disregard our “Real World” alternatives. But if the show is ever looking to capture real drama, unfettered alcohol usage and shady dealings, they could always set up cameras on Alpha Drive. It would be a lot less expensive.

×