ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• An unknown person or persons damaged the playground area near Forest Mall and University Drive on the Tempe campus on Friday, police reported.
  • There are no leads or suspects at this time and the estimated damage is $30, according to a police report.
  • On Thursday, an unknown person or persons unlawfully removed a 48-year-old female ASU employee’s wallet from her office in the Nursing and Health Innovation building on the Downtown campus, police reported.
  • The total estimated loss is $300, according to a police report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed theft March 24 by removing a 19-year-old male student’s 2009 black Sony Vaio from a room on the east wing of San Pablo Residence Hall at the Tempe campus, police reported.
  • The total estimated loss is $2,000, according to a police report.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 19-year-old Tempe woman was arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotic drugs, drug paraphernalia, promoting prison contraband and shoplifting on Friday, police reported.
  • At Costco on 1445 W. Elliot Road, the woman was observed by security concealing about $500 worth of merchandise in her purse and exiting the store, according to a police report.

During a search incident to arrest, a small wax wrapper and small blue balloon were found in her purse, according to a report.

During a strip search at the jail, a small piece of wax paper containing a usable quantity of a hard brown substance believed to be heroin was located in her bra, police reported.

The woman admitted to shoplifting and having the heroin in her bra, according to a police report.

She was transported to the Tempe City Jail and booked. The woman was released pending for possession of narcotic drugs and drug paraphernalia and promoting prison contraband, police reported.

×