Police Beat: April 21

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An unidentified man committed aggravated assault around 2 a.m. Friday by punching and elbowing a 21-year-old male student in the face in front of the Sigma Nu fraternity house, police reported.
  • The student was transported to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital, with a possible broken jaw and a tooth knocked out, according to a police report.

The student told police he did not wish to aid in prosecution, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 12 p.m. Thursday and 12 p.m. Friday by taking a Canon camera belonging to a 20-year-old male student, police reported.
  • The camera was in the student’s room at Vista del Sol on Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $700, police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage between 11:30 a.m. Saturday and 6:10 a.m. Monday by breaking a glass window at Dave’s Dog House on Tempe campus, police reported.
  • The estimated loss is $1,000, according to a police report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. April 13 by taking a laptop belonging to a 21-year-old female student, police reported.
  • The Compaq laptop was taken from the Physical Sciences A-Wing building on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $600, police reported.

• A male student is suspected of committing criminal nuisance April 10 by urinating in an elevator at the San Pablo residential complex on Tempe campus, police reported.
  • Two community assistants identified the student on video surveillance, according to a police report.

The student is believed to have urinated in the elevator on two other occasions, but could not be identified, police reported.

A community director for Residential Life told police the incident would be taken care of internally, according to a report.

×