Police Beat: April 29

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• Two men, ages 18 and 20, were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of burglary in the second degree and criminal damage after allegedly breaking into a vacant residence and vandalizing the inside on September 27, according to police reports.
  • The two men and four other people are accused of forcing entry into the backyard to party earlier that night, police reported.

Swastikas, racial slurs, marijuana leaves and male and female genitals were found spray painted on walls and appliances inside the house, according to a report.

The younger man claimed to have left the party to buy marijuana before the vandalism occurred, while the older denied breaking into the house, according to reports.

Three of the other suspects independently stated the second man was responsible, police reported.

Total damage is estimated at $6,000, according to a report.

• A 24-year-old man was arrested Tuesday evening by Scottsdale police after being contacted as a passenger in a vehicle during a traffic stop, according to a report.
  • The man was determined to have outstanding warrants in Phoenix and Tempe, police reported.

He was then turned over to Tempe police, booked and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, according to a report.

• A 19-year-old woman was arrested at 3 a.m. at South Mill Avenue and East Carter Drive after she was contacted as passenger in vehicle stop, police reported.
  • The woman was found to have an outstanding warrant and was allegedly in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a report.

Police reported an odor of fresh marijuana in car and found an orange pill bottle filled with a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, according to a report.

×