Police Beat: April 30

ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 21-year-old man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol during a traffic stop near South Rural Road and East University Drive, police reported.

The man’s blood-alcohol content was over the legal limit of .08, according to a police report.

The man was transported to the ASU Police Department where he was processed and released, police reported.

An unknown person or persons stole a laptop belonging to a 19-year-old ASU student, police reported.

The laptop was taken near the 500 block of East Veteran’s Way near the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

There are no leads, suspects or witnesses at this time, police reported.

The total estimated loss was $900, according to a report.

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 33-year-old man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of trespassing and entering an unlocked apartment on the 120 block of East El Parque Street in Tempe, police reported.

The man had reportedly been warned by police not to enter the residence, according to a police report.

An occupant of the apartment reportedly asked the man to eave before calling the police, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and held to see a judge, according to a police report.

A 30-year-old Scottsdale woman was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of possessing narcotics and drug paraphernalia on the 1000 block of East Tempe Drive, police reported.

A routine check revealed she had multiple warrants and a drug dog found drugs inside her vehicle, according to a police report.

The woman admitted that the drugs belonged to her and that she had been smoking meth, police reported.

She was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to a police report.

A 19-year-old Tempe man was arrested early Wednesday morning near South Mill Avenue and East Carter Drive on suspicion of possessing marijuana, drug paraphernalia, filing a false police report and having an outstanding city of Tempe warrant, police reported.

A search of the man’s vehicle revealed an orange pill bottle containing marijuana and a two-inch blue glass pipe, according to a police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Kyle Patton. Reach the reporter at kpatton4@asu.edu

×