The ASU track and field team will hold open tryouts for any ASU student looking to earn a spot on the roster this year.

Tryouts are being held Sept. 8 and 9 at Sun Angel Stadium, beginning at 4 p.m. both days. Each athlete should be warmed up and ready to go at the track at 4 p.m.

Students interested in trying out must stop by the Sun Devil track and field office, located on the second floor of the Carson Student-Athlete Center, and obtain a purple form. This form requires a physical and a sickle cell test, both of which must be completed prior to trying out. Physicals and sickle cell testing can be completed at the Student Health Center.

The form must be turned in to the track and field office no later than 4 p.m. on Sept. 7 in order to be eligible to tryout.

Following the two-day try-out, coaches will post the list of selected athletes on the door of the track and field office by noon on Sept. 13.

For more information, including details of tryout testing, students can stop by the office or contact coach Kenny McDaniel at (480) 965-2528.

Reach the reporter at kyle.j.newman@asu.edu

×