Tempe Police Reported the following incidents:

• A 21-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of being in possession of methamphetamine at approximately 12:45 a.m. Aug. 31, police reported.The woman was consensually contacted by police, who asked her for her identification, according to a police report.She retrieved it from her purse, but then turned around, apparently attempting to hide the contents of her purse, police reported.The officers asked if she was in possession of marijuana, which she denied, according to a police report.

The woman showed the officers her purse, and inside they saw a plastic baggie containing a white, crystal substance, according to a police report.

Police said the woman admitted she bought the baggie and thought it contained cocaine, police reported.

• A man was arrested on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and failing to present identification as a driver, according to a police report.He was stopped for making an illegal right turn at approximately 11:40 p.m. Aug. 30, police reported.He had no identification and a search of his vehicle yielded two small balloons of heroin, according to a police report. ASU Police reported the following incidents:
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered a parked, unoccupied vehicle between 9:15 a.m. and 11:50 a.m. Aug. 30, police reported.The suspect or suspects gained access to the vehicle by using an unknown object to break the driver’s door window, according to a police report.The suspect or suspects removed property belonging to the victims, and the total cost of what they removed, plus the broken window, cost the victims approximately $650, police reported.
  • At approximately 2:14 a.m. Aug. 30, an unknown suspect or suspects assaulted a 19-year-old female student by pushing her, police reported.There are no reported injuries and no suspects, and the victim does not want to aid in prosecution, according to a police report.
  • A man was going 20 miles per hour under the speed limit and was pulled over at approximately 8:30 a.m. Aug. 27, according to a police report.It was found that he was driving with a suspended license, without proof of insurance and with an expired Arizona registration, police reported.Reports compiled by Connor Radnovich. Reach the reporter at connor.radnovich@asu.edu.

• Continue supporting student journalism and donate to The State Press today.

×