We all know that girl.

The girl that has just as many sports jerseys as the guys she hangs out with and seems to know just as much, if not more, about sports than they do.

This is the same girl who does not have many “girlfriends” because of her love for sports and also does not have many boyfriends because guys are uncomfortable and often intimidated when a girl knows so much about sports.

Guys will be friends and have casual conversations with these girls, but would never dare date one because of the uncomfortable feeling that arises in a man when he has to ask his girlfriend whether the tackle or the guard stands next to the center on the offensive line.

While it may not be the norm, why is it girls can’t know about sports? Why do men feel intimidated and uncomfortable when girls are able to talk about sports?

Guys, there is no reason to avoid girls who talk about sports, in fact guys should embrace the situation.

Men should be glad there are girls who can talk about Monday Night Football because it sure beats being around other girls and pretending to care about “Dancing with the Stars.”

×