Prop Diagnosis

For many years, patients who have suffered from severe illnesses such as cancer, fibromyalgia, glaucoma and chronic pain, have not been able to receive proper medical treatment for fear of being arrested. Instead, they are prescribed drugs that can be more dangerous to their health.

Joycelyn Elders, the former U.S. [Surgeon General], [once said], “The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS — or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, marijuana is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.”

There are many concerns that if marijuana is legalized anyone can [hold] a license. However, according to the proposition, the Arizona Department of Health Services will require a note from a primary doctor, so loopholes such as “headaches and chronic back pain” can not be used, and medical marijuana will only be dispensed to those who have an actual medical need.

There are 14 other states in the U.S that have legalized medical marijuana and have been able to keep their numbers of cardholders under control.

Vote ‘yes’ on Proposition 203.

It is a necessary and safe medication for those undergoing the suffering brought upon by cancer, AIDS and other serious conditions, and can be easily regulated.

Brianna Henning

Reader

×