Police Beat: Oct. 6

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between Sunday and Monday by taking a bicycle belonging to an 18-year-old male student, police reported.The bicycle was taken from the bike racks outside of the Sonora Center on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,000, police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary, theft and criminal damage between Saturday and Sunday, police reported.A 6-inch hole was cut into the convertible top of a vehicle belonging to a 19-year-old male student, according to a police report.

An iPod cord, valued at $10, was taken from the vehicle, which was parked in the Rural Road parking structure, police reported.

• A 52-year-old man was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Thursday on suspicion of theft, loitering and possessing a suspended driver’s license, police reported.The man had cut a bike lock and rode off on the bike before being contacted by police, according to a police report.

Police contacted the man in the Packard Drive parking structure on the Tempe campus, police reported.

The man was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary between Thursday and Friday, police reported.A 20-foot piece of copper cable was removed from a construction site at the University Way parking lot on the West campus, according to a police report.

A security guard later found the $200 cable under a tree, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed burglary between 4:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Sept. 28 by taking a briefcase belonging to a 48-year-old faculty associate, police reported.The briefcase was taken from a room in the College of Design on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The briefcase contained a Canon digital camera, eight USB drives and a pair of non-prescription reading glasses, police reported.

The estimated loss is $1,050, according to a report.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, police reported.

×