Police Beat: Nov. 10

ASU Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 38-year-old man was arrested around 9:30 a.m.  Monday on suspicion of theft, police reported.The man was suspected of cutting a cable lock on a blue Schwinn bicycle and taking it from the bike racks on the west side of the Language and Literature building on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The man was cited by police and released at the scene, police reported.

• Police impounded a blue Schwinn bicycle around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, police reported.The bicycle was found locked to a rail near the Global Institute of Sustainability building on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

A sign reading, “Do not lock bike on rail. Use bike racks,” was located visibly on the rail, police reported.

The bike had no known owner and was impounded for safekeeping at the ASU Police Station, according to a report.

• A Tempe man was cited on suspicion of being under 21 with alcohol in the body and disorderly conduct around 3 a.m. Sunday, police reported.The disorderly conduct was in reference to using abusive language to provoke, according to a police department complaint.

The man was cited near Hassayampa Academic Village on the Tempe campus and released, police reported.

• Two male students, ages 20 and 22, were cited on suspicion of disorderly conduct around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, police reported.A community assistant alerted police that there were two people arguing on the second floor of the University Towers apartments in Tempe, according to a police report.

Police discovered the two men arguing and wrestling outside of the 22-year-old student’s apartment, police reported.

• A Tempe man was cited on suspicion of being under 21 with alcohol in the body and littering around 12:30 a.m. Friday, police reported.The man was cited at Vista Del Sol apartments in Tempe and released, according to a police department complaint.

×