Police Beat: Nov. 15

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 34-year-old Tempe man was arrested around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday on suspicion of forgery, police reported.The man called in a fictitious prescription to a pharmacy at a Fry’s store on the 3200 block of South Rural Road in Tempe, according to a police report.Pharmacists contacted the doctor, and it was verified that the prescription was not valid, police reported.

When the man went into the store and presented the forged prescription for hydrocodone, he was contacted by police and arrested, according to a report.

The man admitted to forging the prescription because he was in pain, but did not have medical insurance to go to a doctor, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail, according to a report.

• A 19-year-old Chandler man was arrested around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale, being in possession of marijuana and being in possession of drug paraphernalia, police reported.During a traffic stop on the 700 block of South Hardy Drive in Tempe, police located a usable quantity of marijuana in the man’s pants pocket, according to a police report.The man told police he had sold $140 worth of marijuana at a nearby apartment complex, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, according to a report.

An 18-year-old Gilbert man and 19-year-old Mesa man were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and being in possession of drug paraphernalia during the same traffic stop, police reported.

• A 23-year-old Peoria man was arrested around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on suspicion of aggravated assault, police reported.Witnesses told police they saw the man hit another man in the face at the intersection of South Mill Avenue and East 6th Street in Tempe, according to a police report.The victim was unable to be interviewed at the time due to his condition, police reported.

The man admitted to hitting the victim, and a computerized tomography scan revealed the victim had a fractured skull, according to a police report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released pending charges, police reported.

×