Police Beat: Nov. 23

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• On Nov. 4 at approximately 12:30 p.m., a man assaulted a female student in the Physical Sciences Building near East University Drive and South McAllister Avenue in Tempe, according to a police report.The man placed a syringe containing air and hydrochloric acid in the victim’s right ear and injected the combination into her ear, police reported.The woman claims to have received first-degree burns in her ear, according to a police report.
  • An unknown person or persons committed criminal damage sometime between the hours of 6 a.m. Nov. 19 and 2:50 p.m. Nov. 20, police reported.The suspect or suspects used silver spray paint to deface a cement-retaining wall on ASU’s West campus, located near North 51st Avenue and West Sweetwater Avenue in Glendale, according to a police report.There are no leads or suspects at this time, police reported.
  • On Nov. 21 at approximately 4:45 p.m., police arrested a man for disorderly conduct while at the restaurant Chili’s near East University Drive and South Mill Avenue in Tempe, according to a police report.The man was witnessed shouting in the faces of two restaurant managers, “I don’t have to [expletive] leave; Chili’s doesn’t have any customer service,” police reported.Police cited the man and later released him from the ASU Police station, according to a police report.
Tempe Police reported the following arrests Monday:
  • Police arrested a Scottsdale woman and a man for forgery Nov. 18 at approximately 4 p.m., according to a police report.The two were arrested near East 7th Street and South Mill Avenue in Tempe after they attempted to pass forged bills at Jimmy John’s, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and Hippie Gypsy, police reported.The man and woman were caught on video at Hippie Gypsy and identified by employees, according to a police report.

Upon arrest, they were found to be in possession of 13 forged $20 bills and two forged $10 bills, police reported.

Police transported the pair to Tempe City Jail where they were held to see a judge, according to a police report.

• Police arrested a male student at approximately 1:32 a.m. on Nov. 18 on an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.The man was arrested near East Baseline Road and South College Avenue in Tempe when we was stopped by an officer for riding his bike on the sidewalk after dark without a headlight, police reported.Upon searching the man, police located a small amount of marijuana and a glass pipe on his person, according to a police report.

The student was booked into Tempe City Jail and was subsequently released pending drug charges, police reported.

×