Police Beat: Nov. 29

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 32-year-old Mesa man was arrested around 11 p.m. Tuesday on suspicion of possession of stolen property, police reported.The man was stopped on the 500 block of West Broadway Road in Tempe for several traffic violations, according to a police report.A consensual search of the man’s trailer revealed a 2005 Kawasaki motorcycle frame with an engine, which was found to have a stolen status, police reported.

The man told police he was not aware that the motorcycle was stolen, but had a suspicion it may have been as he purchased it from a man on Craigslist for $500, according to a report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

• A 37-year-old transient man was arrested around 7:45 p.m. Nov. 22 on suspicion of possession of marijuana, being in possession of drug paraphernalia, and reporting false information to law enforcement, police reported.The man was contacted riding a bicycle and pulling another one on the 1000 block of South McClintock Drive in Tempe, according to a police report.A consensual search of the man revealed marijuana in a pipe, police reported.

A search incident to arrest revealed a syringe hidden in the man’s jeans, according to a report.

The man then lied to police about his name to conceal a felony warrant for possession of dangerous drugs and misdemeanor warrants for possession of drug paraphernalia and shoplifting, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held, according to a report.

• A 40-year-old transient woman was arrested around 9:45 p.m. Nov. 20 on suspicion of theft and being in possession of marijuana, police reported.A police investigation revealed the woman removed $3 from a tip jar at a Dutch Bros. Coffee store on the 1030 block of South Rural Road in Tempe, according to a police report.An employee at the store forcibly took the money back and contacted police, police reported.

The woman was arrested, and told police she only took $1 as she was being transported to Tempe City Jail, according to a police report.

While at the jail and being searched, a usable quantity of marijuana fell from the woman’s sock, police reported.

The woman attempted to swallow the marijuana, but spit it out at the demand of jail staff, according to a report.

The woman was booked and released pending the marijuana possession charge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Matt Hendley. Reach the reporter at mhendley@asu.edu

×