“Psych-Os” will have a chance to rub elbows with ASU alumna and writer of USA Network’s hit crime comedy, “Psych,” Monday on ASU’s Tempe campus.

Brittany Hollenbrau, ASU alumna and assistant writer for “Psych,” will host three screenings of an all-new episode of “Psych” as part of a 10-school College Tour promoting the show’s fifth season.

Hollenbrau, who graduated in 2005 with a bachelor’s in English literature, said she’s excited to make a return to her alma mater.

“I love ASU. It’s where I met my husband and all my friends and it’s where I decided to be a writer. So, ASU holds a special place in my heart,” Hollenbrau  said.

Fans can catch a full prescreening of the show’s fall season premiere episode, “Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part.” Screenings will take place in the Alumni Room in Memorial Union at 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. The premiere will air on USA Network Nov. 10 at 10 p.m. EST.

Attendees can look forward to free food, interactive show trivia, a Q-and-A session with Hollenbrau and a chance to win high-end swag, including a fully loaded iPad, “Psych” DVDs, talking bobble heads, T-shirts and other “Psych” merchandise.

“Psych,” known for its rapid-fire pop culture references, has found a faithful following among the coveted 18-to-34-year-old demographic, according to a recent USA Network press release.

ASU broadcast journalism senior Stacy Dillier said she knew the show would become one of her favorites after the pilot first aired.

“I think one of my favorite aspects is the writing. The show is so well written and many of the humorous aspects reflect current pop culture,” Dillier said. The co-stars, “James [Roday] and Dulé [Hill] could not be a better pair if they tried.”

With well over 1 million Facebook fans and more than 31,000 followers on Twitter, the show’s producers are looking to connect with young fans personally through digital media.

USA Network’s marketing strategy has harnessed the power of social media to reach its burgeoning college-age audience. The College Tour sprang directly out of the show’s Facebook page, where its marketers announced College Tour locations and distributed tickets exclusively to its Facebook fans.

USA Network is also using social media to tap into the competitive college spirit with its recently launched “Campus Wars” campaign.  Fans can earn points for their college or university by logging in, watching videos and playing online games at www.clubpsych.com up until the season finale airs on Dec. 22. The school with the most points will be featured in the script of an upcoming episode, to air next summer.

The tour has already hit University of Florida, University of Oregon, University of Georgia, Boston University, University of Texas at Austin and University of California, Santa Barbara, which is the show’s fictional hometown.

Doors open one hour prior to screenings and seating is on a first come, first served basis. A downloadable ticket is available to Facebook fans only and the events are limited to ASU students and faculty.

Reach the reporter at rsutherl@asu.edu

×