Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An 18-year-old male ASU student was arrested on suspicion of trespassing at 1:46 a.m. Nov. 29 when he attempted to cross the light rail bridge near 1st Street and Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe, police reported.The bridge is considered critical infrastructure, and there are “no trespassing” signs posted nearby, according to a police report.The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Light rail security will aid in prosecution, according to a police report.

• A 30-year-old Tempe man was arrested in his apartment near East Don Carlos Avenue and South McClintock Drive at 10:47 p.m. on Nov. 29 on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, police reported.Police found a usable quantity of marijuana and items used to smoke marijuana, according to a report.Police responded to complaints of odor of marijuana coming from the man’s apartment, police reported.

During questioning, the man willingly surrendered a useable quantity of marijuana and two water bottles to police, according to a report.The man was taken to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons damaged a bench on the northwest corner of the Memorial Union on ASU’s Tempe Campus between midnight and 8 a.m. Nov. 23, police reported.The total estimated loss is $800, according to a police report.
  • An unknown person or persons stole a laptop from an office in the Physical Science Building on South Palm Walk on the Tempe campus between the hours of 5 and 6 p.m. Nov. 29, police reported.The suspect entered the office through an unlocked door and removed the laptop and a power charger, according to a police report.The estimated loss is $1,420, police reported.

There are no witnesses, leads, or suspects at this time, according to a report.

×