Police Beat: Dec. 3

ASU police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 3:30 and 7:20 a.m. Thursday, police reported.A 2010 gold Diamondback bicycle belonging to a 25-year-old male student was taken from a bike rack on the southeast corner of the main entrance to Hayden Library on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $320, police reported.

There are no suspects, leads or witnesses, according to a report.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 3 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, police reported.A bicycle belonging to a 21-year-old female student was taken from the Vista del Sol on-campus apartments on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,200, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 1:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesday, police reported.A 2009 black Toshiba 18-inch laptop belonging to an 18-year-old male student was taken from the Palo Verde West residential hall on the Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,500, police reported.

• An unknown person or persons committed theft between 4:20 and 5:25 p.m. Tuesday, police reported.A 2009 Blackberry Curve belonging to a 21-year-old male student was taken from a gym inside the Student Recreation Complex on Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $159, police reported.

• An unknown man going by the name Robert Johnson committed fraudulent use of a credit card around 2:30 p.m. Nov. 23, police reported.The man is suspected of using a duplicate debit card at the Verizon Wireless store inside the Memorial Union on Tempe campus, according to a police report.

The estimated loss is $1,967.37, police reported.

Police have one suspect in the case, and the store is willing to aid in prosecution, according to a report.

×